A joined-up approach will help us to reduce unplanned admissions to hospital and, for patients who have been admitted, improve discharge times. You probably expect that the people who look after you already have instant access to relevant information about you. That was not the case, until Connecting Care was developed!
Your GP, hospitals, community health, mental health and social care teams could all hold important information about your care, but it has not always been easily available to other parts of your local NHS and care community.
Connecting Care means:
- key parts of your records are immediately available to everyone who is directly involved in your care
- members of your care team can access the information they need to look after you, even if they work for different organisations in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
- you only have to tell your story once
- safer and faster treatment
- reduced duplication of tests and results
- a much more joined-up approach to the care you receive
The digital record reduces the time spent by professionals checking details from different health and social care organisations. It can also reduce delays to your treatment caused by a lack of information.
A joined-up approach will help us to reduce unplanned admissions to hospital and, for patients who have been admitted, improve discharge times.
Page last updated 6th May 2021